What are Certified Documents?
Follow the steps below:
1. Which documents shall I provide?
- A total of 2 documents must be submitted to Neds
- Please provide ONE document from Section 1 and ONE document from Section 2
- Documents with addresses must match your registered address with Neds and be valid / within 3 months
Section 1 – Primary Document
Please provide one certified Primary Document from the list below:
- Drivers Licence
- Proof of Age Card / Key Pass
- National Identity Card
Section 2 – Secondary Document
Please provide one certified Secondary Document from the list below:
- Utility Bill
- Property Rates Notice
- Insurance Notice
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Property Lease Agreement
- Property Rates Notice
- Private Health Statement
2. How do I Certify My Documents?
Your documents must be certified (witnessed). Please refer to the below list of the most common Authorised Occupations and Positions that are able to certify your documents.
You must print your name and Username on copies of the original documents and sign the document copies in front of the Certifier.
The Certifier should then write the following on the documents:
“I certify that this copy is a true copy of the original document that I have sighted”
And should include:
- ID or Employee number:
- Phone Number:
3. Who can Verify My Documents?
- Legal practitioner
- Medical practitioner
- Police Officer
- Sheriff’s officer
- Veterinary surgeon
- Judge of the court
- Justice of the Peace
Other Authorised Occupations:
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australian
- The Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or the National Institute of Accountants
- Permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 2 or more years of continuous service
- Bank Officer with 2 or more continuous years of service
- Building society officer with 2 or more years of continuous service
- Member of: a) the Parliament of the Commonwealth; or b) the parliament of a State; or c) a Territory legislature; or d) a local government authority of a State or Territory
- Permanent employee of: a) the Commonwealth or a Commonwealth authority; or b) A State or Territory or a State or Territory authority; or c) A local government authority; with 5 or more continuous years of service who is not specified in another item in this Part
- Member of the Australian Defence Force who is: a) An officer; or b) A non-commissioned officer within the meaning of the Defence Force Discipline Act 1982 with 5 or more years of continuous service; or c) A warrant officer within the meaning of that Act.
4. How can I send in My Documents?
- Email- Scan or take a photo of your certified documents and email to:
- Post- Send your Certified Documents to: Neds Account Verification PO BOX 3321, Newstead, QLD 4006
Need further help? Please contact Customer Support.