How to use the Neds Alexa Skill
Racing Events by Neds Alexa Skill
Use your Amazon Alexa device to get racing information from Neds with just your voice! With the Racing Events by Neds Alexa skill, you can ask Neds for the next race to jump, which is the favourite runner in that race, and what the track condition is like.
Here’s how to get started:
You Can Enable The Racing Events by Neds Skill by:
1. Using Your Voice
- Just say to Alexa: “Alexa, enable Neds”
- Alexa will respond “OK, here’s Racing Events by Neds.”
- The Neds skill will then give you a quick introduction on how to use the Neds Alexa skill.
2. Using the Alexa App
- In the Alexa app, open the menu
- Select Skills and Games to bring up the skill search box
- Type in “Neds”
- Tap on Racing Events by Neds – it should be the first result
- Click the Enable button to enable Racing Events by Neds on your connected Alexa devices
How To Use Racing Events by Neds
To get started, just say: “Alexa, open Neds.” You’ll get a brief introduction to the other questions you can ask Neds using Alexa. You can also use any of the other commands directly by just saying, for example: “Alexa, ask Neds – what’s the next race?” Once you’ve opened the Racing Events by Neds skill, Alexa will prompt you if there’s anything else she can help with until you say “No” or “Stop.”
Other questions you can ask Neds with Alexa are:
- “What’s the next race?” or “What’s next to jump?”
Alexa will respond with the location of the next race, and how long until it jumps.
- “Who is the favourite?”
Alexa will reply with the entrant in the next race to jump that currently has the lowest odds at Neds.
- “What is the track condition?”
This one gives you the track rating of the track at the venue where the next race to jump is being held.