1. What is the Neds Card?
The Neds Card gives you access to your winnings instantly and you can use it for purchases everywhere Mastercard is accepted (even online). Customers who have activated their Neds card can also deposit via Cash In into their account via both Neds Card and the Neds mobile site/app at participating retailers.
All you need to do is activate your card before your first use and transfer some winnings from your Neds account to your Neds card. This is not a credit card so interest is not a thing you need to worry about.
Card fees and load limits apply. Card only available to eligible Neds customers with a verified wagering account. Read PDS here for more details.
2. How do I qualify for a Neds Card?
- You must have a valid Neds account
- Your ID must be verified with Neds – Check the Verification Centre in your My Account to see your verification status
- You must be an Australian Resident
- Your address details must be correct and up to date
3. How long does it take to receive my Neds Card?
Once you apply, your card will be sent to you via post within 3 weeks. If you haven't received your card within 3 weeks, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 006 337.
4. How do I activate the card?
Follow the steps below to activate your card:
- Log in to your account
- Go to My Account
- Click on Neds Card
- Enter your 9-digit activation code you received alongside your Neds Card (This number is also on the back of your card)
- Your card is now active and ready to use!
Please note: Before using PayPass, you will need to activate it by using your card PIN in an ATM or Point of Sale.
5. How do I activate my Neds Card if I don’t have an activation code?
Your activation code will arrive with your card printed on the letter behind the affixed card and also printed on the card itself. If you are not in possession of the card, you cannot activate the card.
6. How does my card work?
Once you’ve activated your card, load winnings straight from your Neds account. Now you’ll be able to use it to deposit and withdraw cash in an ATM plus, use your card online, in-store and anywhere Mastercard™ is accepted.
7. How do I transfer winnings to my card?
Simply log in to your Neds account, go to My Account, click on Withdraw and then the Neds Card. Now, follow the instructions to withdraw funds as per usual.
8.How long does it take to transfer funds between my Neds Account and my Neds card?
Your Neds Card balance should be updated a few seconds after you hit Withdraw.
9. Can I use my Neds Card to get cash out at ATMs?
Yes, just select the option for Credit and enter your 4-digit PIN to get cash out at ATMs.
Please note: regular ATM and cash out fees apply. Refer to PDS for more details.
10. Can I use my Neds Card like any other Mastercard debit card?
To use it as a debit card, choose the option for Credit on the Point of Sale when completing your purchase and enter your 4-digit PIN.
You can also use it online, over the phone and PayPass where available.
11. Are there any fees for using the card?
12. Which button do I select when making a purchase?
Please select the Credit button and your 4-digit pin. You can also use PayPass where available.
13. Can I change my PIN?
To change your PIN, visit https://pin.emerchants.com.au and follow the instructions. Please note that for security reasons a confirmation email will be sent to the email address linked to your account.
14. What if my card is lost or stolen?
First, call the Neds Customer Service team on 1300 006 337 to suspend it immediately. Make sure you transfer your funds back to your Neds account so there aren’t any funds left on the Neds Card. Then, the Customer Service team will cancel it for you and send you a new replacement card.
15. Can I make online purchases?
Use it anywhere as long as Mastercard is accepted.
16. Is there a limit on the card?
Please refer to the Neds Card Transaction Limits for limits associated with your card and the PDS available from our website.
17. Can I add my own money to the card?
Only winnings from your Neds account can be added to your card.
18. How is my card different from a credit or debit card?
- For starters, there’s no bank account associated with your Neds Card, only your Neds account.
- Load your winnings instantly – no waiting for banks to do stuff.
- Stay in control of your winnings – you can only spend the amount you transfer to your card, nothing more.
19. Are there any restrictions on the card?
- The Neds Card may not be used for illegal transactions
- Some merchants may choose not to accept Mastercard Prepaid Cards
- There are limits to how much cash can be transferred to the card
- Only one card per Neds account
- Neds Cards are only available to Australian residents and in Australian Dollars
- The card can be used in Australia and overseas
- The card will only accept funds transferred from a Neds account. The Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism legislation (AML/CTF) dictate that deposits must be turned over before it becomes available for withdrawal on the card
For further information please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
20. What do I do if the ATM takes my Neds Card?
First, contact the company associated with the ATM. They will be able to work out whether your card can be retrieved or not. If your card can’t be retrieved, notify the Neds Customer Service on 1300 006 337 if you can't retrieve it. We will then cancel your card and organise a replacement for you.
21. Can a refund be made to the card?
If you’ve made a purchase, and according to the merchant’s refund policy you’re entitled to a refund, the refund can be put back on the card.
You won’t have access to those funds if your card is expired or revoked. Please make sure to keep an eye on your card’s expiry date and your balance. Please call our Customer Service team if you have any questions.
22. Is the balance of the card updated automatically?
Just like any other card, your balance updates every time you make a deposit or a purchase.
23. How do I check the balance and transaction history?
You will be able to check your balance and transaction history any time on nedscard.com.au, simply click on the Statement Login button or straight from your Neds account following these instructions:
- First, log in to Neds
- Go to My Account
- Click on the Neds Card tab
- Click on Transaction History (this will take you to a page outside of Neds)
- Log in using your card number and PIN
The expiry date is as shown on the front of the card. The card is valid for 3 years from the time it is ordered. Neds will send you a replacement card once your current card expires. Please contact the Neds Customer Service team on 1300 006 337 if you haven’t received it after 3 weeks.
24. Why was my purchase declined?
A transaction might be declined because of any of these reasons:
- Insufficient funds – your purchase amount is higher than the card balance
- Wrong payment method – please select Credit as your payment method
- Network offline – the payment network may be offline in which case you should be able to try again later
If your card is still not working after trying the above please contact the Neds Customer Service team on 1300 006 337.
25. Who do I contact if I have a complaint or query about the card?
26. I've noticed an unauthorised transaction I wish to dispute, what do I do?
27. I've noticed an unauthorised transaction I wish to dispute, what do I do?
Notify Neds on 1300 006 337 immediately. Our team will send you a disputed transaction form you will need to complete and send back. Provide all the details you have including any receipts. This will allow our Customer Service team to help you.
28. Can I access deposit match offers from Neds Card transfers?
Funds transfers made from a Customer’s Neds Card into the Customer’s linked betting Account will not be eligible for deposit bonuses or any other promotional offers linked to deposits, as funds transfers from a Neds Card are not considered as Cash Deposits.